Keith McMillen Instruments K-Board 25-key USB MIDI Controller
- Keys: 25 keys with pressure and tilt
- Pads: 1 Pitch bend pad
- Buttons & Knobs: Octave up/down buttons, 1 Sustain button, 1 Velocity on/off button, 1 Pressure on/off button, 1 Tilt on/off button, 1 Toggle on/off button
- Octaves: -2 to +3 Octaves
- Bundled Software: None. Recommended software listed on manufacturer's website
- Power: USB bus powered
- Connectivity: Micro-USB
- Compatibility: Class Compliant. System requirements for software editor: Mac OS 10.5 or later + Windows 7 or greater
- Dimensions: 12.8" x 3.3" x 0.43"
- Weight 0.76 lbs.
The K-Board appeared on our recommended list for 25 Key MIDI Controller Keyboards from June 2017 until September 2018 when it was out-ranked by other keyboards.
We also recommended it in our list of MIDI Keyboards Under $100 from September 2018 until May 2020.
The K-Board from Keith McMillen does not look anything like the average keyboard, it also works quite differently.
Underneath each key is a "smart fabric" that detects velocity, pressure and location (tilt), allowing for more expressive realtime control. All three are assignable to parameters like volume, filter, pitch and more, making this keyboard viable for modern electronic music styles.
Plaid, Diplo and Jack Conte are just some of the artists who are using the K-board.
And it's class compliant, making it effortless to connect with any computer or device.
If you're looking for a versatile and portable electronic music friendly keyboard controller, then check out the Keith McMillen K-Board.