Peterson VS-R StroboRack Virtual Strobe Tuner (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
Peterson are well known for making high-end tuners of all types. This tuner is used not only by guitarists but has also found a home with guitar technicians who use it for performing set ups and adjusting intonation.
It's also used on stage by guitarists who appreciate the wide range of guitar-specific tuning modes it offers.
One of its many stand-out features is that it also has a specific mode for tuning 12 string guitars. Another is the ability to set up to 8 user presets which Peterson calls 'Sweetened' tunings.
In short - this is almost certainly the most feature packed guitar tuner of any kind available today.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±0.1 cent
- Tuning Range: 16.35 Hz to 7302 Hz
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 390Hz to 490Hz
- Tuning Modes: Standard + 35 additional modes for specific tuning types. EG - DADGAD tuning with optimized fifths
- Display: Backlit LCD
- Connectors : Input - 1 x TS, Output - 1 x TS
- Power Supply: Mains A/C - 90V to 250V ( Auto Switching Supply )
- Dimensions: Standard 1U - 8" (203.2 mm) x 19" (482.6 mm) x 1.75" (44.5 mm)
- Weight: 8.2 lbs (3.7 kg)
Many guitarists say this is the best tuner they've every used. Fast response and very accurate are phrases that come up frequently in user and customer reviews and forum posts. It is also cited as being very durable by guitarists who take it on the road. The display has received a lot of praise for being bright, clear and easy to see from across the stage.
Basically, just about every feature of the Peterson VS-R is praised by owners.
There are no consistently reported negatives about this tuner.
If you can find one available, then this is absolutely the best rackmount tuner to get.