ADAM Audio Sub8 8.5" Powered Studio Subwoofer
ADAM has been a darling brand of many professional and project studio engineers.
Their line of studio monitors cover budget territory to high end masterpieces.
To tie it all together, the creation of the ADAM Audio subwoofer series, the Sub8 is their smallest subwoofer in the lineup. Despite the smaller cone, it is capable of a low frequency response of up to 28hz.
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz - 150 Hz
- Crossover Frequency: Can be adjusted between 50 - 150 Hz.
- Max SPL: ≥110 dB
- Power Rating: 160 W / 240 W
- Driver: 8.5" (210 mm) Paper Cone
- Input Connectors:2 x XLR, 1 x Dual RCA Stereo
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR, 1 x Dual RCA Stereo
- Controls: Phase switch, Volume, Crossover Frequency, Auto-power mode, Satellite Filter switch
- Dimensions: 16" x 10" x 15"
- Weight: 26.5 lbs.
Users note the Sub8 has a way of revealing the best Kick and Bass interactions because of its fast transient response. This allows mixers to intuitively tweak their low frequency content better.
No notable negatives aside from a very small number of shipping issues.
Not quite top of the line, not budget level either, the Sub8 by monitoring powerhouse ADAM Audio is a hit with small and medium size studios because of its rapid low frequency response and seamless integration with existing ADAM products. Whether the badges on your monitors say ADAM, KRK, Yamaha or others, the Sub8 seamlessly melds with them -- just be sure to get yours from a reputable seller.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Studio Monitor Subwoofers.