AER Compact 60 Mk3 60-Watt Acoustic Guitar Combo Amp (Discontinued)
The 60 watt AER Compact 60 Mk3 has 2 channels with the first a dedicated instrument channel and the second one switchable between instrument an mic input with phantom power.
AER amps are used by virtuosi such as Tommy Emmanuel, Martin Taylor and Yoshiteru Ito, and other well known artists including Luka Bloom, Eric Johnson and Colin Hay.
- 2 channels
- Built-in digital effects including reverb, delay, chorus and flanger
- XLR Mic Input w/ Phantom Power
- Both Line and Balanced preamp DI Outs
- Effects Loop
- Power Rating: 60 Watts with a 50 watt limiter threshold
- Amplifier Type: Solid State
- Channels: 2
- Master Volume: Yes
- Inputs: Channel 1 - 1 x 1/4" instrument jack w/ –10 dB pad switch; Channel 2 - 1 x combo XLR + jack 1/4” switchable instrument or mic input with 48v phantom power; Effects return 1 x 1/4" jack; 1 x 1/4" dual footswitch jack
- Outputs: 1 x balanced XLR DI out, 1 x 1/4" preamp line out after master volume, 1 x 1/4" stereo headphone out (mutes speaker), 1 x 1/4" mono effects send, 1 x 1/4" tuner out
- Controls: Channel 1 - Gain, Color, Bass, Mid, Treble, Channel 2 - Gain, Bass, Treble
- Speakers: 1 x 8" twin cone
- Weight: 14.3 lbs
- Dimensions: 10.2“ x 12.8" x 9.25"
In his Music Radar review Mick Taylor summed it up as "Super portable, excellent sounding acoustic guitar amp that you can also sing through. Pro all the way." Those sentiments were echoed in many positive customer reviews, with its portability getting most commendations.
It doesn't have feedback detection - you have to take care of that yourself using the EQ or via an acoustic preamp prior to the signal reaching the amp..
Unfortunately the AER Compact 60 Mk3 is quite hard to find new in stores these days, so if you're looking for a new amp, then take a look at our recommendations in our guide to The Best Acoustic Guitar Amps.