ART Pro MPA-II Two Channel Mic Preamp
The ART Pro MPA-III appeared on our recommended list for Microphone Preamps in our first edition back in February 2017 where it remained until April 2020 when it was out-ranked by other preamps.
The ART Pro MPA-II is a 2-channel tube-driven microphone preamplifier, designed to reproduce the natural warmth of old preamps.
It utilizes 12AX7 tubes to get the job done, with a wider than usual frequency response and enough gain for working with ribbon mics.
It is housed in a rackmount form factor with an old school looking interface complete with backlit analog VU output meters.
For the price, this unit is armed with a 60dB gain knob, input impedance control and lowcut filters, all of which allow for a good level of control over the resulting sound.
Finally, it supports dual-mono and stereo operation, so it can tackle stereo tracks and recordings with ease.
- Channels: 2
- Mic Preamps: 2 Tube Preamps (12AX7 Tubes)
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 48kHz
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
- Controls: 60dB Gain, Phantom Power, Impedance, Output, Low-cut Filter, Phase
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 8.75" x 19"
- Weight: 10.5 lbs.