ART Tube MP/C Preamp / Compressor
- Channels: 1
- Mic Preamps: 1
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 60kHz (±1dB)
- Input Connectors: 1 x XLR, 1 x TS
- Output Connectors: 1 x XLR, 1 x TS
- Controls:Knobs: Gain, Threshold, Output | Buttons: +20dB Gain, Low/Cut, Speed, Slope, OptoComp, Phase, Power, Phantom Power
- Dimensions: 1.75" x 6.5" x 5.9"
- Weight: 2.9 lbs.
The ART Tube MP/C is a value packed preamp, complete with genuine tube compression.
It can be used to add tube coloration for recording or live performance, with the added benefit of an opto-compressor effect that evens out the sound nicely and a variety of tone shaping controls.
It's a 12AX7 tube that drives its circuit, which includes a nifty 20dB gain boost and a low-cut filter.
While it is mostly used for adding warmth to vocals, it can also be used to improve the sound of instruments in recording situations.
Given its price and sound quality, the ART Tube MP/C is one of the best value combined tube preamp/compressors for those looking to add analog tube warmth to their live performances and recordings.
|Sound On Sound||Paul White||88/100|