Arturia BeatStep Pro MIDI Pad Controller & Sequencer
The BeatStep Pro appeared on our recommended list for MIDI Pad Controllers from August 2017 until April 2019 when it was out-ranked by higher rated models.
|Sound On Sound||Paul Nagle||80/100|
|Music Radar||Computer Music||90/100|
|Keyboard Magazine||Francis Preve||90/100|
The BeatStep Pro showcases 16 drum sequencer pads and two other independent sequencers, with 64 steps per sequence.
It's both a sequencer and controller that syncs with any computer via USB.
Other connections include MIDI In/Out CV/GATE, drum gate, and clock sync connectivity - great for those who prefer working with external hardware, such as analog synthesizers.
This is a good controller for live performers and those who work in studios, especially for those who want a versatile controller that works both with computers and other external hardware.
- Pads: 16 Pressure sensitive pads
- Buttons 3 x Transport buttons, 1 x Shift button, 6 x Preset/project utility buttons, 4 x Roller/looper buttons, 16 x Step buttons, 16 x Sequence Control buttons, 4 x Project/Control modes, 1 x Tap/Metronome button, 1 x Sync button
- Knobs: 3 x Swing/Randomness/Probability knobs, 16 x Encoder knobs, 1 x Rate/Fine knob
- Standalone Mode: Yes
- Power: USB, USB power adaptor for standalone situations
- Connectivity: USB, MIDI In/Out, Clock sync with multiple standards, CV/GATE outputs, 8 x drum gate outputs
- Compatibility: USB Class Compliant
- Software Bundle: None
- Dimensions: 16.3" x 6.4" x 1.4"
- Weight: 3.20 lbs