Audio-Technica AT2010 Handheld Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Submitted by Jason Horton on Jun. 18, 2022..
Gearank High Notes
- 2018.02: Highest Rated XLR Condenser Mic Under $100
- 2017.08: Highest Rated Handheld Microphone Under $100
- 2016.03: Highest Rated Handheld Microphone Under $100
The AT2010 first appeared on our recommended list for Live Vocal Mics Under $100 from March 2016 until November 2018.
It was also on our recommended list for Condenser Mics Under $100 from February 2018 until October 2019.
The AT2010 is a handheld vocal mic which has a design based on Audio-Technica's AT2020 studio mic and uses the same 16 mm low-mass diaphragm.
In fact this mic is often rated more highly than its studio cousin and has previously topped the rankings for sub-$100 live vocal microphones.
If you only have $120 in your budget and you need a microphone that approaches studio quality, then this is a good mic to get. Not only can you use it live, but it also makes an excellent mic for recording demos.
- sE Electronics X1 A Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone - slightly cheaper since the 2019 AT2010 price increase.
- Audio-Technica AT2035 - a little more expensive, but worth the extra for its ability to handle louder sound sources.
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40 to 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 136 dB
- Applications: Live and recorded vocals & acoustic guitar
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power
Audio-Technica AT2010 Frequency Response Chart:
Audio-Technica AT2010 Polar Pattern Chart: