Behringer Eurolive B112D 12" Powered PA Speaker 1000W
The Eurolive B112D is a testament to Behringer's improving quality and continued popularity, convincing even critics that affordable doesn't always mean compromised quality.
For the money, this speaker comes packed with a 12" woofer and a 1.35" tweeter, bi-amped by the 1000W (Peak) built-in amplifier, and everything is crammed into a light yet sturdy plastic enclosure.
It also lets you shape the resulting sound with its 2-band EQ control and integrated mixer.
Integrated DSP for speaker protection and compatibility with Behringer's Ultralink ULM wireless systems add to the already good value that this speaker brings to the table.
- LF Driver: 12" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.35" Aluminum Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 1000W (700W LF, 300W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: Not Specified*
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 127dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8kHz
- Enclosure: Plastic
- Mounting: Pole
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS Combo
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Controls: Power Switch, Input 1 & 2 Knobs, High and Low EQ Knobs, Wireless Compatibility.
- Dimensions: 22.4" × 13.4" × 10.6"
- Weight: 27.1 lbs.
* Behringer are yet to respond to our request for information.
While there are still a few who say that quality still needs improvement, they are now vastly outnumbered by positive reviews from musicians, DJs and other users. Good reviews continue to pour in for the B112D, many of which are consistent in saying that this speaker sounds really good, especially for the price. Even its durability is being praised by users who are still satisfied after many regular gigs.
Weighing in at just 27.1 lbs, this powered speaker is easy to carry around, but its light weight causes some to be worried about its ruggedness. Still this is something that proper handling should be able to address, and its not like these speakers will easily break, because some reviewers have used them for years without fail.
If you're looking for a budget friendly 12" powered speaker for your instrument or for your PA, the B112D is the way to go.