Behringer Ultratone KXD15 600 Watt 4-channel Mixing Keyboard Amp
Gearank High Notes
- 2021.09: Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Under $500
- 2019.11: Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Under $500
- 2018.11: Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Under $500
- 2017.09: Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Between $300 and $500
The Ultratone KXD15 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Amps from when we published the first edition in May 2016 until September 2022 when it was out-ranked by the Peavey KB 2 and Roland KC-80.
The Beringer Ultratone KXD15 houses a bigger 15" woofer that delivers a more forceful bottom-end.
It is used as an amp for keyboards, and is also often used on electronic drums.
It has enough power and big enough speaker to be a truly capable small PA system with a basic mixing console.
Much like a PA system, it sports an onboard effects processor with 100 presets including reverb, delay, chorus, flanger and more.
It even has Beringer's FBQ feedback detection system on the XLR mic input.
- Output Power: 600 Watts (possibly only a Peak rating - Behringer doesn't specify but one seller says it's RMS - we think it would be best to compare this with amps rated at around 200 Watts).
- Number of Channels: 4.
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 10 x 1/4" and a Stereo RCA input.
- Outputs: 4 x 1/4" and 2 x XLR.
- Speakers: 15" woofer and 1" Tweeter.
- Tone Control: 7 band graphic EQ.
- Size: 19" x 22.4" x 14.7".
- Weight: 49.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years.