Behringer Ultratone KT108 15W 2-Channel Keyboard Amp (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- Output Power: 15 Watts - NB Behringer's website says the amp is 15W and the speaker is 20W which leads to confusion - just consider it to be a 15W amp.
- Number of Channels: 2.
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" TS instrument/phone and 1 CD in .
- Outputs: 1/4" TRS stereo headphone.
- Speakers: single 8" dual cone woofer.
- Tone Control: 3-band EQ.
- Frequency Response: Not specified.
- Size: 12.7" x 14.1" x 6.4" (322 x 357 x 162mm).
- Weight: 10 lb (4.5 kg).
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years.
It's a 15 watt amp with two channels which each have independent volume control.
It is used by keyboard players and also by people playing electronic drums, but note that if you use it for this purpose that you're not going to hear big thumping bass and kick sounds due to the small 8" speaker.
The Behringer Ultratone KT108 is not a perfectly transparent amp because it includes Virtual Tube Circuitry to warm the tone up.
It's a good amp for both practicing and performing at small gigs and its light weight build makes it easy to carry around.
If you're looking for a highly portable amp for practicing or small venues, without spending too much money, then this is a good option for you if you can still find one to buy.
The Ultratone KT108 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Amps Under $100 when we first published that category in May 2016.
We renamed that price category to the "Budget" category in November 2018 and the KT108 was on that list until we removed it in October 2020.
Unfortunately the Behringer Ultratone KT108 is no longer available in stores, but you can see our current recommendations in our guide to The Best Keyboard Amps.