Blue Robbie Tube Mic Preamp (Discontinued)
Submitted by Alexander Briones on Sep. 30, 2022..
The Blue Robbie Tube appeared on our recommended list for Microphone Preamps from February 2018 until April 2020 when it was out-ranked by other preamps.
Coming from Blue Microphones, it's no surprise that Robbie comes in a distinct looking form factor that looks like a... robot toy.
But the premium price tag is an easy giveaway that this is no mere toy, rather Robbie is their flagship tube mic and instrument preamp.
Inside this preamp is a class A tube circuit with an ECC88 twin triode, that allows for high gain, while it's zero IC architecture keeps unwanted noise at bay.
The Blue Robbie's combination of distinct visual appeal, simplicity and premium sound quality makes it a good addition to any studio.
- Channels: 1
- Mic Preamps: ECC88 Tube Driven Preamp Class A
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 100kHz, (±2dB)
- Input Connectors: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Output Connectors: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Controls: Knobs: Gain | Buttons: Phantom Power, Mic/Instrument, -20dB Pad, Phase
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 5.25" x 8.25"
- Weight: 7 lbs.
Unfortunately it's very hard to find one in stores these days, so if you're looking for a new preamp then check out our guide to The Best Microphone Preamps.