Bose L1 Compact Portable PA System
The Bose L1 Compact features modern Spatial Dispersion design, which utilizes a line array of six 2" HF drivers that work together to provide the resulting sound.
They are supported by a single 8" LF driver that handles the lows and some of the mids.
The amplifier section is rated at 130W, with two ToneMatch capable channels that tailor the sound to work well with microphones or acoustic guitars.
- 130W Amplifier with Bose Spatial Dispersion Loudspeaker Technology
- Channels: 2 ToneMatch Channels with Presets for Microphone and Acoustic Guitar
- Preamps: 1
- Speakers: 7 (6 x 2" HF Drivers, 1 x 8" LF Driver)
- EQ: 2-Band EQ (Channel 1)
- Input: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4", 2 x Stereo, 1 x 1/8"
- Output: 1 x 1/4", 2 x RCA
- Frequency Response: 65Hz - 14kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Polypropylene Enclosure
- Setup Positions: Collapsed and Extended
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 78"x13.25"x16.75"
- Weight: 29 lbs.
For a compact PA system, the Bose L1 Compact's sound projection continues to exceed common expectations, especially when considering its light 29 lb. weight. Reviewers mention that it is loud enough for most small bars and clubs. It also gets a lot of kudos for its sound quality from users and experts alike. Touted by retailers as the singer songwriter's choice, reviews continue to be consistently positive, with many satisfied solo performers, including guitarists, electronic musicians and DJs. There are also plenty of upvotes for its portability, with some even stating that it can be set it up in under a minute.
There are some reports of feedback issues while performing, specifically when driving the system above the halfway mark. There are also some who wish for more inputs and essential tone shaping like EQ and reverb.
If you're mostly doing solo or maybe even duo performances, and you prefer something compact and distinct, then check out the Bose L1 Compact.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Portable / Compact PA Systems + Battery Powered PAs.