Boss Micro BR BR-80 Multitrack Digital 8-Track Recorder & USB Audio Interface
The Boss Micro BR BR-80 appeared on our recommended list for Digital Multitrack Recorders from our first edition in February 2016 where it remained until August 2020 when it was removed due to being out-ranked by the TASCAM DP-008EX and Zoom LiveTrak L-8.
The Boss Micro BR BR-80 is a portable multitrack recorder that fits in your pocket and is designed for use by all musicians, but it comes with some special features specifically designed for guitarists including Roland's COSM amp and effect emulators.
It has three modes you can use it in:
- MTR - multi-track recorder
- eBand - jam along with prerecorded tracks
- Live Rec - record using the built-in stereo condenser mic
Overall, if you're looking for something portable you can record ideas with at any time, and intend to use it as an audio interface, then you'll find the Boss Micro BR BR-80 fits the bill nicely, but you wouldn't want it to be your primary platform for producing music on - it's best thought of as a 'sketch-pad' for recording.
- Simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Tracks playback/mix simultaneously: 8
- Virtual tracks: 64
- Inputs: 1 x Guitar/Mic and 1 x line level
- Outputs: Phones/Line out + USB
- Sample rate: 44.1kHz
- Bit rate: 24-bit
- On-board effects: EQ, reverb, 40 amp models, mastering tools, vocal processing including doubling, harmony effects, pitch correction and more
- Effects send: No
- USB audio interface: 2 channels
- Storage medium: SD/SDHC card - up to 32GB
- Export tracks to computer: Yes