Boss VE-5 Vocal Performer Effects Processor
The VE-5 was on our recommended list for Vocal Effects Pedals / Processors from November 2020 until March 2021 when it was out-ranked by other models with higher ratings.
|Voice Council||Chris Kennedy||60/100|
The Boss VE-5 is a compact yet feature-packed vocal processor for different applications, with pitch correction, smart harmony, distortion, radio, strobe and other vocal effects.
It comes in a portable desktop / mic-stand-mountable profile that's meant for hands-on use, with phantom power support for condenser microphones, and it even has a built-in microphone for convenient practice or recording without the need for a mic.
And comes with a phrase looper for setting up your own harmonies or for creating vocal percussion or ambience.
It can run on 4 AA batteries for up to 9 hours, making this a truly portable piece of gear for vocalists, particularly those that like to busk.
When it comes to portability, the Boss VE-5 is hard to beat. Recommended for vocalists who want a versatile mobile vocal processor.
- Harmony: Key/Scale Based Harmonies (Not Smart Guitar Based)
- Harmony Voices: Up to 2
- Pitch Correction: Natural Pitch Correction, Chromatic, Robot, ElectricTune
- Looper: 38-Second, Single Track
- Effects: Dynamics, Doubling, Reverb, Delay, Distortion, Radio, Strobe, Chorus, Flanger, Robot
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Inputs: 1 x XLR-1/4" Combo, 1 x 1/8" (Aux in)
- Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/8" (Stereo line/Headphones)
- USB Port: None
- Power: DC Power Supply or 4 x AA Batteries
Although it has the same Gearank Rating as of March 2022, I'm personally recommending the Zoom V3 as an alternative.