Boss VE-8 Acoustic Singer Vocal Effect Pedal & Preamp
Submitted by Alexander Briones on Nov. 24, 2019..
Gearank High Notes
More than just a vocal effects pedal, the Boss VE-8 Acoustic Singer is an all-in-one preamp and effects solution for vocals and acoustic guitars.
Check out the LR Baggs Para DI which is the most highly rated acoustic preamp!
It starts off with dedicated preamps for mic and guitar, both of which come with independent effects, of which the microphone side is of particular interest because of its myriad of features.
This includes essential effects like reverb and smart harmony, while also incorporating experimental ones that include distortion, robot and other electronic effect types.
Check this out if you're looking for a gig-worthy vocal and acoustic guitar effects pedal.
- Harmony: Smart Guitar-Controlled Harmony
- Harmony Voices: Up to 2
- Pitch Correction: Auto Chromatic, Hard Tune
- Looper: 80-Second, Single Track
- Effects: Doubling, Reverb, Octave, Mod Delay, Chorus, Distortion, Radio, Electronic and more
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Guitar Effects: Acoustic Resonance, Reverb, Chorus, Notch Filter
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (Aux)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (Headphones), 1 x 1/4" (External Footswitch)
- USB Port: Firmware Update and Direct Recording
- Power: DC Power Supply or 6 x AA Batteries
*Displayed values are prior to the Gearank Algorithm's adjustments it makes when evaluating the source.
The VE-8 Acoustic Singer isn't currently on our recommended list - to see that go to our guide to The Best On Stage Vocal Effects Pedals & Processors.