Boss VE-8 Acoustic Singer Vocal Effect Pedal
More than just a vocal effects pedal, the Boss VE-8 Acoustic Singer is an all-in-one preamp and effects solution for vocals and acoustic guitars.
It starts off with dedicated preamps for mic and guitar, both of which come with independent effects, of which the microphone side is of particular interest because of its myriad of features.
This includes essential effects like reverb and smart harmony, while also incorporating experimental ones that include distortion, robot and other electronic effect types.
- Harmony: Smart Guitar-Controlled Harmony
- Harmony Voices: Up to 2
- Pitch Correction: Auto Chromatic, Hard Tune
- Looper: 80-Second, Single Track
- Effects: Doubling, Reverb, Octave, Mod Delay, Chorus, Distortion, Radio, Electronic and more
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Guitar Effects: Acoustic Resonance, Reverb, Chorus, Notch Filter
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (Aux)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (Headphones), 1 x 1/4" (External Footswitch)
- USB Port: Firmware Update and Direct Recording
- Power: DC Power Supply or 6 x AA Batteries
The guitar side of the pedal is just as packed, with built in modulation effects, delay and a nifty "acoustic resonance" effect that improves the sound of piezo equipped acoustic-electric guitars. Reviewers describe it as an amazing all-in-one pedal, and commend it for catering to both traditional and adventurous singer-guitarists.
While it gets most of its thumbs up from its quality mic reverb and harmonies, it also impressed a lot of guitarists. There were a few who were not satisfied with some of the extra guitar effects, but still loved the Boss VE-8 overall.
Check this out if you're looking for a gig-worthy vocal and acoustic guitar effects pedal.
The VE-8 Acoustic Singer isn't currently on our recommended list - to see that go to our guide to The Best On Stage Vocal Effects Pedals & Processors.