dbx 560A Compressor/Limiter - 500 Series
The dbx 560A was on our recommended list for 500 Series Compressors from May 2017 until December 2020 when it had been out-ranked by other compressors.
The 560A offers a classic hard knee compression and OverEasy mode - that's dbs's soft knee mode. It incorporates dBx's program-dependent attack and release times.
It is a natural sounding dynamic processor with a wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls and true RMS level detection.
Its "Infinity +" inverse-compression feature decreases the audio output level when the input exceeds the threshold beyond unity gain, which is useful in live settings when you need to control mix levels of extremely loud signals.
At an affordable price, the 560A gives you broad range compression options to use for recording different instruments.
- Controls: Threshold, Ratio, Output
- Input/Output Impedance:40k Ohm balanced, 20k Ohm unbalanced / Balanced 30 Ohm, unbalanced 15 Ohm
- Maximum Input Levels/Output Levels: +22dBu
- Attack: 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
- Release: 8ms for 1dB, 80ms for 10dB, 400ms for 50dB; 125dB/Sec Rate
- Ratio: 1:1 to infinity: 1, to -1:1
- Threshold: -40 dBu to +20 dBu
- Power Requirements: +/- 16VDC
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.25” x 1.5” x 6”
- Weight: 1.3 lbs