Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT 1000W 15" Powered PA Speaker w/ Bluetooth
Gearank High Notes
- 2021.09: Equal Highest Rated Powered Stage Monitor Under $500
- 2021.05: Equal Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $500
- LF Driver: 15"
- HF Driver: 1.5" Titanium Driver
- Amplifier: Class D
- Output Power Peak:1000W Class D
- Output Power Continuous: 250W continuous RMS
- Frequency Response: 44 Hz - 20 kHz(-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 126 dB
- Crossover Frequency:1.7 kHz
- Enclosure: Polypropylene with 18 gauge steel with black powder coat grille
- Mounting: Wedge, Pole, Floor
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS 1/4” Combo
- Outputs: 1 x XLR Link
- Controls: 2 x Volume, Power on/off switch, Contour switch, Ground-Lift switch
- Dimensions: 27” x 17” x 16”
- Weight:38 lbs.
The ZLX-15BT is Electro-Voice's compact loudspeaker offering, the size and weight make it ideal for touring, small spaces and PA use.
A feature uncommon to speakers of this caliber is Bluetooth capability. The ZLX-15BT has Bluetooth connectivity for wireless playback of music, backing tracks or other program material.
One drawback we've seen reported is that bluetooth 4.0 only lets you stream to one speaker, forcing you to use an XLR cable to use another speaker.
In addition to being used in PA setups by bands and DJs, it is also used with electronic drums because the bass drum can be felt and heard when using the ZLX-15BT as a monitor.
For those looking for a great monitor for electronic drums, PA use or playback, the ZLX-15BT is a good choice, especially when standalone Bluetooth functionality is a priority.
This appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers under $500 from May 2021 until removing it in March 2022 due to a price increase which put it above the $500 price limit and it didn't rank high enough to be included in Powered PA Speakers under $1000.
It also appeared on our Powered Stage Monitors Under $500 list from September 2021 until removing it in March 2022 due to the price increase.