Electro-Voice ZLX-15P 15" Powered PA Speaker - 1000W (Discontinued)
The ZLX-15P appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers from when we published the first edition in January 2016 where it remained until May 2021 when it was removed due to a lack of availability.
We also had it on our recommended list for Powered Stage Monitors from July 2019 until May 2021.
The Electro-Voice ZLX-15P gives you quality sound reinforcement with more oomph at a reasonable price point.
Its 15" woofer is paired with a 1.5" high frequency titanium compression driver and 500 Watt (Continuous RMS) Bi-amplifier.
DSP features are available, including mode and location presets, limiter and built-in EQ.
This configuration is great as a FOH speaker, but it also works well as a stage monitor, thanks to its floor-friendly wedge cabinet profile.
Combining all this together makes for a bulky and heavy speaker at 38 lbs, but it is an expected inconvenience that many DJs and electronic musicians are willing to accept.
If you're looking for a loud and versatile powered speaker that can work as FOH or stage monitor, then check this one out.
- LF Driver: 15" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.5" Titanium Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 1000W
- Output Power Continuous: 500W RMS
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 18kHz (-6dB)
- Frequency Range: 42Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 127dB
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7kHz
- Enclosure: Polypropylene
- Mounting: Pole
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo, 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Controls: 3-band EQ, Limiter, Mode and Location Presets, Crossover Presets
- Dimensions: 27" × 17" × 15"
- Weight: 38 lbs.