Elixir Strings Nanoweb 80/20 Light Acoustic Guitar Strings (Light)
This string set appeared on our recommended list for Light Gauge Acoustic Guitar Strings from February 2020 until February 2021 when it was out-ranked by more highly rated string sets.
Then in June 2022 it had high enough ratings to go back on the list where it remained until November 2022.
Elixir is the go to brand for those who want guitar strings that feel and sound fresh longer. And this is accomplished through their Nanoweb coating technology, a thin chemical coat applied on the strings to prevent the build up of dirt, grime and gunk, which in turn slows down corrosion and improves longevity.
And this longevity is the reason why Elixir is the go-to brand for many acoustic guitarists, especially those who play many different guitars that stay longer in cases. While the coating application raises the price of the strings, the extra cost is offset by the strings longevity.
In addition to keeping the strings fresh, the coating also improves the feel of the strings making them smoother and easier to play with.
This improved smoothness also reduces unwanted string noise like finger squeaking when moving up and down the neck.
Note that Nanoweb sets have thinner coating compared to Elixir polyweb sets, which means less dampening, resulting in increased high-frequency response.
There's a reason why Elixir is the go-to brand when it comes to coated sets, definitely worth checking out.
- Gauge: Light (.012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053)
- Core Material: Steel
- Winding Material: 80/20 Bronze
- Winding Type: Round Wound
- Coated: Yes
- Priced higher than non-coated sets
- Subtly different feel compared to fresh non-coated sets.
- Some may notice that the strings sound subtly dampened when compared to fresh non-coated strings.
- Stays fresh sounding longer
- Smooth and comfortable playing feel
- Clear but not too trebly sounding
- Reliable and consistent quality
- Good packaging