Epiphone Les Paul Special VE (HH) 6 String Electric Guitar
- Body: Poplar
- Finish: Cherry, Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, Vintage Worn Walnut, Ebony, Vintage Sunburst
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic fixed bridge
- Pickups: 650R Humbucker Neck, 700T Humbucker Bridge
- Neck: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24.75" ( 629 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: Not Specified
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way
The Epiphone Les Paul Special VE appeared on our recommended list for Humbucker Equipped Solidbody Electric Guitars Under $200 from June 2020 until May 2021 when it was out-ranked by other models.
The Les Paul is easily the most iconic dual humbucker guitar, used by equally iconic artists like Les Paul himself, Neil Young, Slash, Zakk Wylde and many more. And to this day it is being cloned and copied by so many manufacturers.
Gibson's sub-brand Epiphone, is at the forefront when it comes to affordable Les Pauls, the Special VE being the best rated one among its siblings.
It features the same unmistakable single cutaway body, but using more affordable materials which include poplar for the body.
Other features include having a mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard and Tune-o-matic fixed bridge.
If you're looking for an entry-level Les Paul, then this is your best bet.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Cheap Beginner Electric Guitars Under $200.