Fender Passport Event Portable PA System (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- October 2019: Highest Rated Non-Battery Powered Portable PA System
Fender's Passport series was one of the pioneers of the portable "suitcase" style PA system, and to this day, the Fender Passport Event continues the brand's foothold in this market with its combination of convenient mobility, impressive feature set and good sound quality.
Its suitcase form factor opens up to reveal two 8" LF speakers and a mixing console with 7 channels. The mixer follows the format of traditional board mixers where controls for each channel are on a straight row.
Other features include built-in reverb and a guitar specific input.
- 375W Class-D Amplifier with Bluetooth Connectivity
- Channels: 7
- Mic Preamps: 4 - No Phantom Power
- Speakers 2 (2 x 8" LF Drivers, 1 x 1.2" HF Drivers)
- EQ: 2-Band EQ (Channel 1)
- Input: 4 x XLR, 1 x TRS, 1 x 1/4" (Stereo), 1 x 1/8" (Stereo)
- Output: 2 x 1/4" (Speaker), 1 x 1/4" (Mono), 1 x 1/4" (Sub Out), 1 x 1/8" (Stereo), 1 x 1/8" (Headphones)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 23"x29"x11"
- Weight: 43 lbs.
Many owners say it gave them excellent value for their money. There are reports that it it can easily handle small venues, and some even said that it is powerful enough to fill a mid-sized room with 50 to 100 people. Its built-in reverb was also praised, along with the convenience of Bluetooth streaming. The general consensus continues to be positive, with special mention of how easy it is to pack and unpack.
There are a few that deducted one star for lack of specific features, which includes a lack of USB input and the ability to directly record on the system. Others were looking for extras that other portable PA systems provide, like a free handheld mic.
If you're looking for a reliable and great sounding PA system that you can pack suitcase style, then you should check out the Fender Passport Event.
Unfortunately this is no longer available new in stores, but you can see our current recommendations in our guide to The Best Portable / Compact PA Systems + Battery Powered Options.