Fire-Eye Red-Eye Acoustic Instrument Preamp DI
The Red-Eye appeared on our recommended list for Acoustic Preamps as a Budget Option from September 2017 until September 2022 when it was out-ranked by other preamps.
Fire-Eye is a boutique brand that many pro musicians are swearing by, and the Red Eye preamp is an excellent showcase of the brand's build quality, audio fidelity and reliability.
This is as streamlined as it gets, with limited controls while still getting the job done well enough to merit a special spotlight in this guide.
Even though it has fewer features compared to other options, its simplicity and sound clarity make it appealing to those who want to focus on performing instead of tweaking.
The few controls it has include useful features like a Boost button with volume control for emphasizing certain musical lines. It also has a treble control that can raise or tame highs as you prefer.
- Profile: Single Pedal
- Controls: Boost Footswitch, Ground/Lift Switch, Boost Level Knob, Treble Knob
- Input: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/4" (Effects Loop)
- Output: 1 x 1/4" (Effects Loop), 1 x XLR (Balanced Out)
- Powered By: 9V Power Supply (Sold Separately), 9V Battery, 48V XLR Phantom Power
- Dimensions: 1.25" x 2.25" x 4.25"
- Weight: 0.625 lbs