Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic Mic Preamp (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
The Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic was on our recommended list for Microphone Preamps from February 2018 until it September 2018 when it was removed due to a lack of availability..
Focusrite is well known for the quality and transparency of their solidstate mic preamps. The OctoPre MKII gives you eight of these sought after preamps in a compact rackmountable form factor.
And since it has ADAT digital output, it can be used to expand the input capacity of compatible audio interfaces, while at the same time providing the same sound quality as found on Focusrite's other preamp devices.
Controls on the front panel include gain knobs and switches for phantom power and pad. There's also a nifty LED metering display that makes monitoring each channel more convenient.
- Channels: 8
- Mic Preamps: 8 Focusrite Mic Preamps
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz to 96 kHz at 24-bit
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Input Connectors: 2 x Combo (XLR/Hi-Z), 6 x Combo (XLR/Line)
- Output Connectors: 8 x TRS, 2 x ADAT
- Controls: Gain, Phantom Power, -10dB Pad
- Dimensions: 1.8" x 10.4" x 19"
- Weight: 7.93 lbs.