G7th Performance 2 Capo - Steel String
- The Performance 2 in the iconic silver finish is probably G7th's most recognisable capo.
- It is meticulously designed to help keep your guitar in tune, to protect your neck and to safeguard your tone.
- The new upgraded mechanism is now smaller and lighter than ever before, so you get near-infinite adjustment AND an easy, one handed action.
- Inert silicone wrap around rubber and internal G7th design features eliminate deadening of tone and avoid dangerous metal to wood contact on your guitar neck.
- Performance 2 is the ultimate capo for both acoustic and electric steel string guitars and comes complete with Lifetime Warranty.
The G7th Performance 2 Capo is easily the most intuitive capo on this list. To tighten it, all you do is grip the capo and squeeze it. This feature removes the need to fiddle with it in order to get a good tone. To release the capo, all you have to do is push against the release mechanism (the black lever on the back of the capo). Unlike a lot of capos with a variable tension mechanism, these two features allow you to operate the capo single-handedly.
However, there are many reports of this capo not having enough tension to properly press down the strings when used on guitars with thicker gauge strings or vintage (thicker and wider) neck profiles. With that being said, the possibility does exist that the musicians who had this experience didn’t use the proper model. Currently, the G7th Performance 2 comes in three variations: 6-string guitar, classical guitar, and 7.25” Vintage radius (this is the 6-string model). So before purchasing this capo, make sure you’re buying the correct model for your instrument.
Another feature that differentiates this capo from many of its competitors is that it comes with a lifetime warranty, which helps to offset its initial cost. It’s still more expensive than other capos, but should it happen to fail you can get a replacement for free.
You can see more options in our guide to The Best Capos For Guitar & Ukulele.