Headway EDB-2 Acoustic Preamp & DI (Discontinued)
- Twin channel with individual inputs & gain controls
- 5 Band EQ assignable to Channel 1, 2 or both
- Notch Filter assignable to Channel 1 or 2
- Huge 0-32 dB Gain to interface with most mixers/desks etc
- Phantom Power is assignable to either "ring", "tip", or XLR to power virtually all instrument microphones/pickups.
- Phase Reverse assignable to each channel
- Earth Lift Switch
- "Range" Switch tuned for specific instruments i.e. Violin, Guitar, Bass etc
- iPod Input for backing tracks, practice routines etc
- Mute Switch
- Mono, Stereo & XLR Inputs, Jack and XLR Outputs
- Battery or Mains powered (power supply included)
Sound on Sound Review
In his review Bob Thomas said, "However, the EDB2 came into its own when dealing with more complex (from a sound-reinforcement point of view) sources. Most of my instruments have pickup/pickup or pickup/mic combinations (which Headway, incidentally, don’t recommend), and getting the best out of these setups does require a bit of work — which the EDB2 handled with ease. Having the five-band EQ and the notch filter available on either channel (or both in the case of the EQ) makes life so much easier. Couple those with the three-position Range switch and you’re close to my ideal acoustic preamp. "