Ibanez Axion Label RGA71AL 7 String Electric Guitar (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2020.08: Equal Highest Rated 7-String Electric Guitar between $1000 and $1500
- Ibanez Axion Label RGD71ALMS
The RGA71AL appeared on our now defunct recommended list for 7-String Electric Guitars Under $1500 from August 2020 until July 2021.
The RGA71AL takes Ibanez' signature RGA shape (which in turn is adapted from the original RG shape) and gives it an in-house upgrade.
At its core are two Bareknuckle Pickups Aftermath 7 neck and bridge humbuckers. Famously used by Periphery guitarist Misha Mansoor on the band's Icarus EP, The Aftermath, was the basis for his future signature pickups. They offer a tight, chunky low end and an dry and clear sound with no excess frequencies on the bass and treble.
It is also spec'ed with Gotoh locking tuners, a Gibraltar fixed bridge, strap locks and cryogenically treated frets for better fret life.
The Ibanez RGA71AL was designed with the modern Progressive Metal musician in mind. It is spec'ed to the brim with the typical upgrades that adorn a guitar built for the genre.
Get it if you want an off-the-shelf guitar with everything already upgraded with top tier components.
- Body: Nyatoh with Flamed Maple top
- Finish: Indigo Aurora Burst
- Bridge: Gibraltar Standard II-7 Hardtail
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Aftermath-7 (Neck and Bridge
- Neck: 5-piece Panga Panga/Walnut ( Nitro Wizard shape)
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75"
- Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.889"
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x mini-switch (coil-tap),
- Pickup Selector: 3-way blade pickup switch