ION Audio Total PA Plus
The ION Audio Total PA Plus is an affordable, all-in-one solution for amplifying program music and vocals for small venues.
While not marketed towards musicians, a few users found that it works well as sound reinforcement for acoustic gigs.
It features Bluetooth for wireless playback for music and backing tracks.
The package includes a mic with cable, remote control, power cable, tripod stand.
- LF Driver: 15" Woofer
- HF Driver: 1" Tweeter
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Continuous: 300W
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz – 20,000 Hz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110 dB continuous C-weighted
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Enclosure: Plastic
- Mounting: Integrated pole socket (36 mm diameter)
- Inputs: XLR inputs (2 dynamic microphone/line, 1 line), 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs, 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS input, stereo RCA input pair
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Controls: Channel volume, master volume, power on/off with LED, clip limiter with LED, 2-band equalizer, mode, play/pause, repeat, previous track, next track
- Dimensions: 27.0” x 17.4” x 14.2”
- Weight: 35.0 lbs
Many users who bought the as their first PA speaker were satisfied at the ease of use, the included extras and the sound quality. For the price, many users mention that the performance is good enough that they didn't feel like they needed an upgrade from it until they really needed to. Musicians who bought the unit also commented that acoustic guitars and vocals sounded good through it. As part of a FOH/sound reinforcement setup, some users found it to perform decent on modestly sized venues like cafes and small bars.
As a standalone speaker, mic gain is a bit lacking. For sound reinforcement, the speaker might not be loud enough for genres such as rock.
In terms of value and performance, the ION Audio Total PA Plus is an OK start for sound reinforcement, but there are better options available and we wouldn't recommend getting this one.