JBL PRX825W 1500W Dual 15" 2-Way Powered PA Speaker
The JBL PRX825W is a premium Dual 15" powered speaker with a 1.5" Neodymium compression driver powered by Class D amplifiers pushing an even 750 W for each driver, the PRX825W is in no shortage of volume.
Limiting is handled internally by a DBX designed circuit.
Additional controls are accessible via a Wi-Fi app for tweakability, even when you're in the mixing booth.
- LF Driver: 2 x 15"
- HF Driver: 1.5" Neodymium compression driver
- Amplifier: Class D Amplifiers
- Output Power Peak: 1500 W peak ( 750 LF + 750 HF)
- Output Power Continuous: 1000 W continuous RMS (650 LF + 350 HF)
- Frequency Response: 46.2Hz-16.5kHz (-10 dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 138 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2.4 kHz
- Enclosure:Birch/Poplar wood
- Mounting:Floor, 8 x M10 Fly Points, 1 x M10 Pull Back Fly Point
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (Mic/Line), 2 x RCA (stereo)
- Outputs: 1 x XLR (mix out)
- Controls: 2 x Norm/Boost, Front LED, Connect Wi-Fi, 2 x Gain
- Dimensions: 41.8" x 17.5"x 21.2"
- Weight: 82.0 lbs..
The headroom and clarity were noted to be top of the class by a majority of the users. A few found the Wi-Fi connectivity to be very useful especially with larger venues with mixing booths that are a good distance away from the speakers.
The size and weight makes it one of the least portable speakers. Many users note that the speaker sits in an odd space between portable speakers and larger and heavier semi-permanent speakers.
If you're looking for a speaker for a larger venue, the PRX825W will save you a lot of time going back and forth between stage and mixer with its Wi-Fi capability.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, it came off in March 2022 when it was out-ranked by other options - you see our current recommendations in the guide to Powered PA Speakers.