Kemper Profiler Stage Multi-Effects Pedal
The Kemper Profiler took the guitar landscape by storm when it was first released as a preamp in both rackmount and standard form. Then came the Powered versions that accelerated the presence of the Kemper into the fore.
With the release of the Profiler Stage, Kemper once again taps into a different market segment, this time for musicians looking for the same amp profiling capabilities in a multi effects pedal setup.
The unit essentially combines the features of the usual Kemper Profiler unit with the optional footswitches to provide an all-in-one solution best suited for live performance.
- Effects: Kemper Stomp FX, Delay, Reverb
- Amp Modeling: Preloaded Amp Models, Kemper Rig Exchange Cloud, Ability to Capture New Profiles
- Footswitches: 14
- Input: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/4" (return/profiling), 3 x 1/4" (return), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 1 x 1/8" TRS (Headphone), 4 x 1/4" (switching/expression pedals), MIDI
- Output: 2 x 1/4" (main), 2 x 1/4" (monitor), 2 x XLR (main), 2 x 1/4" (send 1/2), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), MIDI
- Extra Features: Amp Profiling, 30 seconds (full speed), 60 seconds (half speed), Tuner
- USB: USB (For Update, Audio Interface and Power)
- Dimensions: 18.5" x 10.24" " x 3.35"
- Weight: 10.1 lbs.
The most praised feature of the Kemper Profiler Stage is the sound. Many mention that the profiled sound is near-indistinguishable from the real thing. In addition to the sound, the feel is also carried over particularly well; something that a lot of modellers end up short on. The onboard Kemper Stomp effects tend to be overshadowed by the amp models but they are also praiseworthy.
Profiling can be tedious and your sound will only be as good as how well you have your gear set up. Luckily, user profiles are available for download. No built-in expression pedal. Screen is small for such a large, tweakable pedal.
If you're a fan or owner of tube amps and don't want to lug your precious head along to gigs or if you want to make consistently great tones for live and for recording, the Kemper Profiler Stage gets you eerily close to the real thing; closer than most other modellers could wish to do.