KLIQ UberTuner - Clip-On
Gearank High Notes
KLIQ Music Gear is a business started by a group of working NYC musicians who wanted a better clip-on tuner than what was available at the time.
The speed and accuracy of their UberTuner have impressed musicians from hobbyists to professional touring artists.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±1 cent
- Tuning Range: A0 (27.50 Hz) - C8 (4,186 Hz)
- Reference Pitch: 430-450 Hz (in 1 Hz steps)
- Tuning Modes: Guitar, bass, violin, ukulele and chromatic
- Transpose Range: C, F, B-flat, E-flat
- Display: Full color LED backlit LCD display
- Power Supply: CR2032 lithium battery (included)
- Battery Life: Approximately 16 hours (tuner continuously operating, A4 input)
- Dimensions: 1.6" (40.6 mm) x 0.5" (12.7 mm) x 1.6" (40.6 mm)
- Weight: 0.3 ounces (8.5 g) including battery
The speed with which the UberTuner detects frequency continues to impress many users, to the extent that it is its most liked feature. A charter member of acoustic guitar forum said, "The UberTuner goes right to it where the Snark has a second or two hesitation." The brightness and visibility of the screen are the second most liked features. Rich Osweiler writes in Premier Guitar, "Turn it on, however, and the large, color display become (sic) as bright as your prized lava lamp. The flat/sharp and note indicators are, yes, uber-easy to read."
There are a few people that said it isn't sensitive enough to detect notes accurately on their guitars - this came from some playing nylon string guitars and some with smaller parlor sized guitars. Still, the negative reviews amount to less than 6% of all reviews, many of which are from people using the UberTuner with instruments other than guitar.
Overall, you can't go far wrong buying what has been one of the highest rated clip-on tuners over the years.
Although this has been at the top of the ratings in years gone by, there are now slightly more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Guitar Tuners.