Korg D1 88-Key Stage Piano w/ MIDI Out
While the Korg D1 is first and foremost a Stage Piano with built-in sounds, its amazing feel coupled with its MIDI I/O make it an excellent controller for those who prefer the feel of acoustic pianos but also want a standalone unit with internal sounds.
- Keys: 88 key (A0–C8), RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) Keyboard
- Zones: No.
- Pads: No.
- Controls: Power, Volume, Piano song, Transpose, Function, Touch, Brilliance, Reverb, Chorus, Bank, Sound x 10, +, -, Metronome
- Automap: No.
- Power: DC 9 V, AC adapter (included)
- Connectivity: 5 pin MIDI in & 5 pin MIDI out + USB MIDI
- Dimensions:52.24" x 10.35" x 5.04"
- Weight: 35.27 lbs
- Bundled Software: none
Rave reviews abound for its realistic feel and how subtle nuances such as half-pedalling get captured. As a MIDI controller, this is important for properly translating your playing dynamics especially when using synths, samples and virtual instruments that have very dynamic layers. The D1 shares the same pedigree as Korg's higher end Kronos line of digital pianos.
There have a few reports of shipping issues that included damage during transport.
We recommend the Korg D1 to anyone looking for a moderately priced stage piano. Alternatively, if you want a MIDI controller specifically for expressive and realistic piano feel, the Korg D1 is a good pick for that too.