Korg Kronos 73-Key Synthesizer Workstation (Discontinued)
Korg Kronos 73-Key Synthesizer Workstation
The Kronos 73 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Workstations from March 2018 until February 2022 when it had been out-ranked by other keyboards.
|Sound On Sound||Gordon Reid||94/100|
|Music Radar||Future Music||100/100|
The Korg Kronos 73-key version has similar specifications and features as the 61-key version only it has weighted hammer action keys.
And its 73-key format makes it slightly bigger than its sibling.
In addition to its weighted keys, it comes with Korg's 4-way Vector joystick controller that allows for more real-time control.
These controllers utilize its nine sound engines, which lets you choose from a wide selection of presets, which you can then personalize to taste.
The "Set List" feature is one of the features that stood out since it allows direct access to a combination, program, or song in the sequencer to play next.
Other noteworthy features include having a TouchView display, and having the ability to record up to 16 MIDI tracks and 16 audio tracks.
This is an all-around versatile workstation ideal for any studio and performance setting. Note that it is no longer part of 2023 Korg keyboards line.
- Keys: 73 Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 keys
- Polyphony: Varies Per Engine: SGX-2: 100 voices*3, EP-1: 104 voices, HD-1: 140 voices, AL-1: 80 voices, CX-3: 200 voices, STR-1: 40 voices, MOD-7: 52 voices, MS-20EX: 40 voices, PolysixEX: 180 voices
- Sound Engine(s): 9 Engines: SGX-2: Premium Piano (Acoustic Piano), EP-1: MDS Electric Piano (Electric Piano), HD-1: High Definition Synthesizer (PCM), AL-1: Analog Synthesizer (Analog Modeling), CX-3: Tonewheel Organ (Tonewheel Organ Modeling), STR-1: Plucked Strings (Physical Modeling), MOD-7: Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer (VPM Synthesis), MS-20EX: Component Modeling Technology (Analog Modeling), PolysixEX: Component Modeling Technology (CMT Analog Modeling)
- Controllers: Vector joystick, joystick, ribbon controller, switches 1 & 2
- Effects: Over 197 Effects
- Audio Recording: 4-track simultaneous recording, WAV file format 16bit/24bit.
- Audio Playback: 16-Track Playback
- Sequencer: 16-track MIDI sequencer + 16-track hard disk recorder + 1 master track.
- Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4" Line-in
- Audio Outputs: 6 x 1/4" Line-out, 1 x 1/8" Headphones
- MIDI Inputs/Outputs: In/Out/Thru
- Other Connections: 3 x Pedal Input, 1 x S/PDIF Digital Input, 1 x S/PDIF Digital Output
- USB: 2 x USB A (TYPE A), 1 x USB B (TYPE B)
- Dimensions: 48.07” x 5.83” x 14.61”
- Weight: 46.52 lbs.