Korg Kross 2 61-key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
The Korg Kross 2 is a compact synthesizer workstation that is a follow up to the original Kross model.
It features a newly added expanded PCM memory and a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality.
This lightweight unit also has the ability to run for seven hours on six AA batteries, which makes it more convenient and portable enough to bring around.
- Keys: 61 velocity sensitive keys
- Polyphony: 120
- Sound Engine(s): EDS-i
- Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod wheel
- Audio Recording: PCM audio format 48kHz/16bit, WAV
- Audio Playback: Directly play back data from SD card
- Sequencer: 16MIDI Tracks, 128 songs,16 preset/16 user template songs
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" Line-in, 1 x 1/8" Line-in
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Line-out, 1 x 1/8" Stereo mini phone jack
- MIDI: In/Out
- Other Connections:1 x 1/4" Damper, 1 x 1/4" Assignable switch, 1 x 1/4" Assignable pedal
- USB: USB connector 1x TYPE B
- Power Supply: AC adaptor power supply DC 9V, 6 x AA alkaline batteries or 6 x or nickel-metal hydride batteries
- Dimensions: 36.81" × 10.59" × 3.46"
- Weight: 8.38 lbs
134 types (74 x Insert effects, 101 x Master effect 1, 120 x Master effect 2)
Compact and light-weight are some of the most mentioned positive traits of the Korg Kross 2. Many are pleasantly surprised that this workstation can run on batteries.
The accessibility and intuitiveness of its interface also gets a lot of thumbs up. There is plenty of positive feedback regarding its many sounds, from piano, to synths, and even to percussion.
There are some who describe the keybed as having a mediocre feel. This is not really an issue if you mainly use it for composition purposes rather than performing.
This is an affordable entry-level workstation if you're on a budget.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Keyboard Workstations.