Korg Rimpitch-C Soundhole Tuner
Gearank High Notes
- March 2017: The Highest Rated Soundhole Tuner
It fits a wide range of acoustic guitars that have a round soundhole - you can measure the diameter of your soundhole and compare it to the specifications below to see if it will fit your guitar. It has a hook and rubber grip to prevent it from falling into your guitar.
It's designed for 6-string guitars and uses a piezo pickup to detect the notes.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±1 cent
- Tuning Range: E2 (82.41 Hz) to E7 (2,637.02 Hz)
- Reference Pitch: A = 438 to 445 Hz (1 Hz steps
- Display: High-brightness LEDs
- Power Supply: CR1620 3V lithium battery
- Battery Life: Approximately 30 hours (Tuner continuously operating, A4 input)
- Dimensions: 3.11’’ (79 mm) x 1.26’’ (32 mm) x 0.67’’ (17 mm)
- Installable Size: Circular sound hole of diameter 100 mm ±3 mm
- Weight: 0.46 oz (13 g)
Those who have used it report that it installs easily and stays in place. One advantage it has over clip-on tuners is that it doesn't get in the way. It is reported to tune quickly and accurately. Importantly, it doesn't touch any of the bracing - even on guitars where there is bracing very close to the soundhole. Many people have commended the display as being bright and easy to read in customer reviews.
Some people with non-standard guitars like Ovation have reported problems installing it or getting it to stay in place.
This is the preferred soundhole tuner for many acoustic guitarists including those who play high-end instruments such as Collings, Martin, Gibson and Taylor.