KRK 12s2 12" Powered Studio Subwoofer (Discontinued)
The KRK 12s2 is a heavy-duty sub meant to provide both power and translatability in bass-heavy mixes like EDM.
A 12" Woven Kevlar cone pushes air with low distortion keeping the low frequencies powerful but tight.
An array of controls help make the 12s2 fit with any monitor setup even with other brands.
The crossover frequencies can be tailored to 50Hz / 60Hz / 70Hz / 80Hz for better pairing with your speakers.
- Frequency Response: 26Hz-130Hz
- Crossover Frequency: Variable - 50Hz / 60Hz / 70Hz / 80Hz
- Max SPL: 119.9dB
- Power Rating: 220W Class D
- Driver: 12" Woven Kevlar cone
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4" TRS, 2 x RCA
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Controls: Volume, Crossover, Input Sensitivity, Polarity, Standby, Ground Lift, Power, Bypass via 1 x 1/4" (footswitch)
- Dimensions: 18.11" x 15.94" x 22.64"
- Weight: 66.5 lbs.
"Loud and Low" was a standout phrase in one review that encapsulates the majority of the market sentiment. EDM producers love the sheer amount of bass the KRK 12s2 puts out. Some of them noted that it's better to have control over too much bass than try to add more bass to an underpowered sub. With the crossover selectors, polarity and input sensitivity controls, many users found it easy to integrate into their existing speaker setup.
The 12s2 is a powerful sub and operates best at optimum levels. At lower levels, some users found that the bass isn't as tight as they want. This is partly due to operating the sub below the optimum level resulting in the transients not being reproduced as accurately.
If you want a sub that you can drive loud and keep up with a loud monitor system, the KRK12s2 has got you covered.
Unfortunately this is no longer available new in stores, but you can see excellent alternatives in our guide to The Best Studio Monitor Subwoofers.