KRK 8s2 8" Powered Studio Subwoofer (Discontinued)
KRK is known for their aesthetic, pricepoint and distinct sound quality.
Over the years, KRK has refined their "house sound" with generous amounts of low frequencies to better lean towards critical listening.
The KRK 8s2 complements their new generation monitors by offering faster bass response, a footswitchable bypass, and tweakable crossover.
- Frequency Response: 35 - 133 Hz
- Crossover Frequency: Can be adjusted between 70 Hz and 100 Hz.
- Max SPL: 112.8 dB
- Power Rating: 109 Watts
- Driver: 8" Glass Aramid Composite Woofer
- Input Connectors: XLR L/R, 1/4" TRS L/R, RCA L/R, 1/4" Footswitch
- Output Connectors: XLR L/R, 1/4" TRS L/R, RCA L/R
- Controls: Input sensitivity, Polarity, Standby, Ground lift, Volume, Crossover, Power
- Dimensions:13.3" X 11.57" X 14.25"
- Weight: 26.01 lb.
Users were pleased with the amount of low frequencies the subwoofer puts out despite being smaller than some others. One user noted that the 8s2 felt well suited for critical listening and mixing.
Some issues arose with the auto power off feature especially when mixing quiet sound sources.
KRK monitors tend to be flattering with their house sound. With the KRK 8s2, they have refined their signature thump with more refinement; enough for critical listening. Get it if you want great low frequency energy and the control to switch between just your mains with now low roll off or with the sub on. Be wary if you prefer mixing quietly as the auto power off threshold is set high with no way of adjusting it.
Unfortunately this is no longer available new in stores, but you can see excellent alternatives in our guide to The Best Studio Monitor Subwoofers.