Leslie LS2012 100W Keyboard Amplifier (Discontinued)
The LS2012 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Amps Under $1000 from November 2019 through October 2020.
The Leslie brand is famous for their rotary speaker systems, particularly when paired with organs like Hammond, so to avoid confusion we must point out that this is a regular keyboard amp that doesn't have rotary speakers.
The manufacturer has voiced it to be suitable for keyboards as well as amplified acoustic instruments such as accordions, violins and guitar.
One difference it has over most keyboard amps is that instead of having a tweeter it has a 6" driver for high frequencies meaning that it tends to emphasize the mids a little more but not the very high frequencies quite as much as other amps.
It has 3 stereo input channels with one each being dedicated to Keyboards, Instrument and Microphone which all have their own 3-band EQ in addition to the main mixer which also has 3-band EQ.
All this makes it suitable for use as a small PA system, although it doesn't provide phantom power so you'll need some form of mic preamp like a vocal effects pedal that provides phantom power if you want to use it with a condenser mic instead of a dynamic mic.
If you like other non-rotary Leslie amps then you'll probably love the LS2012 as noted by several experienced Leslie amp owners.
- Output Power: 100 Watts RMS - 150 Watts Peak.
- Number of Channels: 3 Stereo Channel Mixer.
- Inputs: 4 x 1/4" (L/mono, R), 3 x 1/4" (return), 1 x 1/4" (mic), 1 x XLR.
- Outputs: 3 x 1/4" (send), 2 x 1/4" (L/mono, R), 2 x XLR (L/mono, R), 1 x 1/4" TRS Headphone out
- Speakers: 1 x 12" LF driver and 1 x 6" HF driver.
- Tone Control: 4 x 3-band EQ.
- Frequency Response: Not specified.
- Size: 26.5" x 19.9" x 12.5".
- Weight: 56 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 12 months parts and labor.