LR Baggs Venue DI Acoustic Preamp DI Box
Known for their pro quality acoustic instrument guitar pickups, it is only natural that LR Baggs know how to make your acoustic guitar signal sound great when going straight to PA. And so they showed their skill with this feature packed unit, combining preamp, tone shaping and DI box functionality all in one unit.
More than just a "stuffed up" unit, the preamp, EQ and DI Box functionalities work really well together or when used sparingly. Even virtuosos like Leo Kottke have been spotted putting this unit to good use.
- Adjustable gain for both passive and active pickups
- 5 band EQ with tunable low-mid and high-mid bands
- Garret Null notch filter for effective feedback control
- Phase inversion for best sound and feedback control
- Full chromatic tuner with footswitch mute/tune function
- Adjustable volume boost footswitch
- Full isolation audio transformer couple DI
- 4 segment clip meter to visually optimize gain setting
- 4 segment battery )status gauge
- XLR and 1/4" outputs
- Input Impedance 10 M Ohm
- Series FX loop (separate jacks for send and return)
- Works with 9V battery or DC adapter (not provided)
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
Reviews are consistent in saying that the LR Baggs Venue DI Pedal makes their instrument sound better. Users and expert reviewers agree that this is a true all-in-one solution for musicians who play acoustic instruments. It's also surprisingly versatile, with acoustic guitarists, violinists and more expressing their thanks. Another very nifty feature of this pedal is the volume boost switch that gives you instant added volume when doing solo parts, or when you want to emphasize certain musical lines.
There are some reviewers that complained about the tuner feature, but it maybe more of a manufacturing issue than an actual design fault. It would also be nicer if the price was lower, but that's asking too much since the Venue DI actually gives you the functionality of three different devices. Because of its wealth of controls, this unit may not be ideal if you are looking for a more plug and play type of DI box.
The LR Baggs Venue DI is recommended by many, especially if you have yet to get an EQ and Preamp pedal. It was on our recommended list until December 2018 when we completed a major review of the category and found that there were more highly rated options to recommend in our guide to The Best Acoustic Preamp Pedals.