LR Baggs Venue DI Acoustic Preamp DI Box
The Venue DI first appeared on our recommended list for Acoustic Preamps when we published the first edition back in May 2016 where it remained until December 2018 when it was out-ranked by other preamps.
Then in March 2021 it had high enough ratings to go back on the list until being removed again in September 2022 when it had been out-ranked by the likes of the LR Baggs Para DI.
The LR Baggs Venue DI is a dual-stompbox style preamp that offers more controls compared to the Session DI. More than just a "stuffed up" unit, the preamp, EQ and DI Box functionalities work really well together or when used sparingly. Even virtuosos like Leo Kottke have been spotted putting this unit to good use.
The preamp section features adjustable gain, and works well with both passive and active pickups. It also comes with an adjustable boost function for sections where you want more oomph.
Along with the preamp, it comes with 4-band EQ with tunable low-mid and high-mid bands for tone shaping. And it houses its own fully isolated audio transformer-coupled DI box functionality.
Feedback control is done via Garret Null notch filer and phase inversion.
Other features include a built-in chromatic tuner with mute/tune function, a 4 segment clip meter for optimizing gain settings, and a 4 segment battery level meter.
- Profile: Double Switch Pedal
- Controls: 2 x Footswitches (Boost, Mute/Tuner), Bass, Low Mid, Hi Mid, Presence, Treble, Volume, Notch, 2 x Tune Knobs, Gain, Phase, Batt Check, Boost Knob, Ground/Lift
- Input: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/4"(Return)
- Output: 1 x 1/4", 1 x XLR (DI Out), 1 x 1/4"(Send)
- Powered By: 9V Power Supply (Sold Separately)
- Dimensions: 1.5" x 7.6" x 7.5"
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.