M-Audio Uber Mic USB Microphone
Gearank High Notes
- June 2020: Highest Rated Equal Highest Rated USB Microphone
When M-Audio announced the Uber Mic in the 4th quarter of 2017, they noted that its development was borne from "Recognizing a critical need in the market for a professional-quality microphone with the performance, functional versatility and mounting options to meet any recording scenario" -- all while maintaining simplicity and ease-of-use for the general consumer.
The Uber Mic's main features include four polar patterns including stereo, zero latency monitoring, and integrated LCD screen to view settings and levels.
- Type: 3 Capsule Condenser
- Polar Pattern: cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional, and stereo
- Frequency Response: 30–20,000 Hz
- Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Maximum SPL: 120dB SPL
- Power Requirements: USB bus powered via Mac or PC
- Applications: Vocal and instrument recording, broadcast, gaming, conference calls, interviews, stereo ambient/field recordings, foleys.
Mac OS X 10.10.5 or higher
Windows 7 or higher
iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
For the price, several reviewers were happy to have a feature rich microphone with stellar audio quality and intuitive controls. Users note that the Uber Mic is more than capable of handling different usage scenarios.
A forum user was hoping for iOS functionality without using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. One reviewer received a unit with electrical noise - it is unclear whether the noise is from the unit or other factors.
If you are a versatile content creator that does streaming/gaming, recording, podcasting, and interviews, and want a USB mic that can keep up with you, the M-Audio Uber Mic might be the jack of all trades microphone you need.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best USB Mics.