M-Audio Uber Mic USB Microphone
Gearank High Notes
- June 2020: Highest Rated Equal Highest Rated USB Microphone
When M-Audio announced the Uber Mic in the 4th quarter of 2017, they noted that its development was borne from "Recognizing a critical need in the market for a professional-quality microphone with the performance, functional versatility and mounting options to meet any recording scenario" -- all while maintaining simplicity and ease-of-use for the general consumer.
The Uber Mic's main features include four polar patterns including stereo, zero latency monitoring, and integrated LCD screen to view settings and levels.
- Type: 3 Capsule Condenser
- Polar Pattern: cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional, and stereo
- Frequency Response: 30–20,000 Hz
- Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Maximum SPL: 120dB SPL
- Power Requirements: USB bus powered via Mac or PC
- Applications: Vocal and instrument recording, broadcast, gaming, conference calls, interviews, stereo ambient/field recordings, foleys.
Mac OS X 10.10.5 or higher
Windows 7 or higher
iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
For the price, several reviewers were happy to have a feature rich microphone with stellar audio quality and intuitive controls. Users note that the Uber Mic is more than capable of handling different usage scenarios.
A forum user was hoping for iOS functionality without using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. One reviewer received a unit with electrical noise - it is unclear whether the noise is from the unit or other factors.
If you are a versatile content creator that does streaming/gaming, recording, podcasting, and interviews, and want a USB mic that can keep up with you, the M-Audio Uber Mic might be the jack of all trades microphone you need.