Manley SLAM! Stereo Channel Strip w/ Mic Pre & Limiter
The Manley SLAM! appeared on our recommended list for Channel Strips Over $1500 when we first published that category in December 2021 where it remained until October 2022 when it was out-ranked by the Manley Core Reference and Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel.
The Manley SLAM! (Stereo Limiter And Mic preamp) is a 2 channel strip with two independent preamp, compressor and limiter circuits.
With 60dB of gain with an additional 20dB from the limiters, the Manley SLAM! has a whopping 80dB of usable gain. Great for ribbon mics and soft singers.
Two distinct limiters: ELOP and FET circuits give you greater control over your dynamics.
The Manley SLAM! is versatile enough for stereo sources and vocals.
- Channels: 2
- Inputs: 2 x Combo (XLR/TRS), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/4" (DAC Out)
- Other I/O: 2 x Bantam (Opto Send/Return), 2 x Bantam (FET Send/Return), 2 x Bantam (Ext Link)
- Preamp: 2 x 12AT7A NOS GE preamp with up to +60dB gain with 48v phantom power
- Compressor/Limiter (FET): Attack: approx. 100S; Release: 10mS to 2Sec; Ratio: better than 20:1
- Compressor/Limiter (ELOP): Attack: approx. 10mS for 6dB GR; Release: 2.5 Sec; Ratio: 10:1
- Equalizer: none
- Rackmountable: Yes - 2U