Marshall Code50 Guitar Modeling Combo Amp 50W
The Code50 appeared on our recommended list for Modeling Amps for Guitar from August 2017 until June 2019.
It also appeared on our list for Guitar Amps Under $300 from March 2018 until April 2021 when it was removed due to a price increase.
Known for being the backline brand for many iconic guitarists, Marshall continues to be the go-to provider of premium amps for the rich and famous. But they are not limited to just that, as evidenced by the popularity of their entry level amps, including the highly rated Marshall Code50.
This is not your typical one-trick pony classic amp, because this amp lets you mix and match virtual amplifier elements (14 preamps, 4 power amps and 8 cabinets) via Softube's digital sound processing, allowing for a wide array of tones.
It also lets you use five virtual effect pedals concurrently, which you can choose from its 24 built-in effects.
That's a lot of fire power for the money, which is nice considering that it comes with big brand backing.
And it comes equipped with convenient wireless app control and music streaming via Bluetooth.
If you're looking for an affordable yet versatile amp with big-name backing then the Marshall Code50 is right for you.
- Power: 50W
- Speaker: 1 x 12"
- Controls: Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, Master, Preset, Edit, Multiple Buttons (For Preset / Effects / Tuner / Bluetooth)
- Amp Modeling: 14 Preamps, 4 Power Amps, 8 Cabinets (Softube Modeling Technology)
- Effects: 24 (5 Simultaneous)
- Input: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (Aux), Bluetooth
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (Headphones)
- USB: 1 x Mini B (App Control)
- Weight: 28.6 lbs.