Marshall DSL1CR 1-watt 1x8" Tube Combo Guitar Amp
Gearank High Notes
- 2020.09: Highest Rated Guitar Combo Tube Amp between $300 and $500
- 2020.07: Highest Rated Tube Combo Guitar Amp between $300 and $500
- 2019.09: Equal Highest Rated Guitar Combo Tube Amp between $300 and $500
- Vox AC10C1
- Vox AC10C1
The DSL1CR appeared on our recommended list for Combo Tube Amps Under $500 from July 2020 until July 2022 - it had to be removed due to no longer being available for less than $500.
It also appeared on our recommended list for Best Tube Amps Under $1000 in November 2019 where it remained until August 2022 when it was out-ranked by the Vox AC15C1 and Vox AC30S1 in the under $1000 price category.
There's no denying the big influence of Marshall's crunch tone in rock music, and the DSL1CR gives you just that in a compact and practice friendly package.
It sports the familiar configuration of having two ECC83 preamp tubes and an ECC82 poweramp tube, but since it is rated at 1W, you can crank this all-tube amp at much lower volumes than regular Marshall amps.
And since 1W tube amps can still be quite loud, this amp comes with a power attenuator switch at the back so you can lower the power rating to 0.1W.
This way you can crank it further without disturbing your loved ones or your neighbors.
This amp has two channels: Classic Gain and Ultra Gain, and drives an 8" Celestion Eight 15 speaker.
If you want nothing less than Marshall's iconic crunch tone for low volume practice, then get the DSL1CR.
- Power Rating: 1W / 0.1W (Via Low Power Button)
- Preamp Tube: 2 x ECC83
- Poweramp Tube: 1 x ECC82
- Speaker: 1 x 8" Celestion Eight 15
- Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Reverb
- Input/Output: 1/4" Instrument, 1/8" Aux, 1 x 1/8" (Softube Emulated out), 1 x 1/4" (Internal Speaker)
- Controls: Classic Gain Channel: Volume, Ultra Gain Channel: Gain, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb
- Extras: Power Attenuator (0.1W)
- Weight: 17 lbs