Marshall DSL1CR 1-watt 1x8" Tube Combo Guitar Amp
Gearank High Notes
- September 2020: Highest Rated Guitar Combo Tube Amp between $300 and $500
There's no denying the big influence of Marshall's crunch tone in rock music, and the DSL1CR gives you just that in a compact and practice friendly package.
It sports the familiar configuration of having two ECC83 preamp tubes and an ECC82 poweramp tube, but since it is rated at 1W, you can crank this all-tube amp at much lower volumes than regular Marshall amps.
And since 1W tube amps can still be quite loud, this amp comes with a power attenuator switch at the back so you can lower the power rating to 0.1W.
This way you can crank it further without disturbing your loved ones or your neighbors.
This amp has two channels: Classic Gain and Ultra Gain, and drives an 8" Celestion Eight 15 speaker.
- Power Rating: 1W / 0.1W (Via Low Power Button)
- Preamp Tube: 2 x ECC83
- Poweramp Tube: 1 x ECC82
- Speaker: 1 x 8" Celestion Eight 15
- Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Reverb
- Input/Output: 1/4" Instrument, 1/8" Aux, 1 x 1/8" (Softube Emulated out), 1 x 1/4" (Internal Speaker)
- Controls: Classic Gain Channel: Volume, Ultra Gain Channel: Gain, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb
- Extras: Power Attenuator (0.1W)
- Weight: 17 lbs
As expected, most of the positive reviews are from those who love the amp's signature Marshall overdriven tone. And thanks to its power attenuation, users are happy that they can conjure their favorite rock tones without disturbing their loved ones and neighbors. There also many who describe this amp as very pedal friendly.
There are some who aren't as impressed with its clean and low gain setting.
If you want nothing less than Marshall's iconic crunch tone for low volume practice, then get the DSL1CR.