Martin 000-15SM Mahogany 6-String Acoustic Guitar
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.03: Highest Rated Acoustic Guitar between $1500 and $2000
- 2020.09: Highest Rated Acoustic Guitar between $1500 and $2000
- 2019.09: Highest Rated Acoustic Guitar between $1500 and $2000
The Martin 000-15SM was on our now defunct recommended list for Acoustic Guitars from $1500 to $2000 from September 2019 until September 2022 when we removed that category.
In January 2022 we announced the results of our annual analysis of acoustic guitar brands - Martin ranked 1st!.
|Premier Guitar||Charles Saufley||90/100|
|American Songwriter||Rick Moore||96/100|
The Martin 000-15SM is a guitar with a look that harkens back to the "blues box" guitars of the '30s, complete with a 12-fret neck joint.
Despite its smaller 000 body profile and 12-fret neck joint, Martin opted to give this guitar a standard scale length, which avoids the need for any technique adjustments when switching from a standard size acoustic.
Another important distinction of the Martin 000-15SM is its slotted headstock, which completes the guitar's old school appeal.
The top, back and sides are all crafted from solid mahogany, while the fingerboard and bridge are crafted from East Indian rosewood.
- Body Shape: 000
- Top: Solid Mahogany
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Finish: Satin
- Bridge: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Fingerboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets to Body: 12
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut Width: 1.75"