Nektar Impact LX25+ 25-key USB-MIDI Keyboard Controller
The Impact LX25+ features Nekta's DAW integration where it intelligently maps its controls to the corresponding parameters and controls of several commonly used DAWs, such as Digital Performer, FL Studio, GarageBand, and Logic Pro. It has full-sized velocity sensitive keys with 4 velocity curves and an option to choose one of the 3 fixed velocity levels for a more consistent performance. It also has the essential controls such as pitch and modulation wheels, knobs, 30mm fader, and velocity sensitive pads.
- Keys: 25 note velocity-sensitive synth-action
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive pads
- Octaves: Not Specified
- Bundled Software: Bitwig 8-Track DAW software
- Power: USB bus powered
- Connectivity: 1/4” TS jack foot switch input, USB port, Apple Camera Connection Kit (not supplied)
- Control Hardware Directly: No
- Compatibility: USB Class compliant, no driver is needed for: Apple iOS, Apple OSX, Windows XP, or higher, Linux (MIDI driver software required)
- Dimensions: 18.75" x 10.5" x 2.75"
- Weight: 4 lbs
Living up to its integration feature, this controller is reported to work well with any compatible DAW. Since it is also class compliant, a number of users mentioned that they have no issues with setting up. Many also commend its hardware quality, stating that the knobs and pads are quite tactile and sturdy. The rest of the controls are intuitively and strategically laid out, while its full-sized keys also make it comfortable to play since there's more space for your fingers.
A few users find the keys to be a bit stiff and springy, which isn't really an issue when it comes to playing and recording synth lines.
At a fair price range, this is a great controller for a simple home recording set-up. You can read more about it in our guide to The Best 25 Key Controllers.