Neumann KH 805 Studio Subwoofer (Discontinued)
The Neumann KH 805 is easily one of the priciest studio subwoofers, so it's not for the weak of heart when it comes to budget, but those who are willing to invest in the KH 805 will enjoy its premium build, sound quality and control flexibility.
It features a 10" woofer that's magnetically shielded for ultra-quiet and clean lows, while the 160W (Continuous) amplifier provides enough juice for use in any home and professional studio setups.
Other features include a bypassable fourth order 80Hz for easy compatibility with recording consoles and consumer sound systems, and it also has a good number of acoustic controls for adapting to rooms and matching with main monitors.
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz to 300 Hz
- Crossover Frequency: Bypassable 4th order 80Hz
- Max SPL: 111 dB
- Power Rating: 160W continuous (200W peak)
- Driver: 10" Magnetically Shielded Woofer
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR (L/R)
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR (L/R), 1 x XLR (daisy chain)
- Controls: Output level, Input Gain, Input Mode, Subwoofer Phase, Input Ground, Low Cut, Parametric EQ, Gain, Frequency
- Dimensions: 14.2" x 13" x 25.4"
- Weight: 57.2 lbs.
Users have many good things to say about the Neumann KH 805, commending its clarity, deep lows and good projection, and how it retains them even at louder settings and during long mixing and production sessions. Its flexible control options also received a lot of commendations.
Interestingly, there aren't any major complaints about this subwoofer, other than those who wish the price was more accessible.
If you have the budget to invest in a premium studio subwoofer, and you're luck enough to find one second-hand, then do check out the Neumann KH 805.
The Neumann KH 805 has been discontinued so if you want a new studio sub then see our recommendations in our guide to The Best Studio Subwoofers.