Novation Launchkey 49 Mk2 49-Key USB/iOS MIDI Keyboard Controller (Discontinued)
The Launchkey 49 Mk2 is a plug and play controller designed for producing and performing electronic music.
It features faders, knobs, keys and velocity-sensitive RGB pads that give complete control over Ableton's audio and MIDI functions.
Apart from its compatibility with Ableton, it automatically maps to other major music making applications & DAWs.
- Keys: 49 note velocity sensitive synth style keyboard
- Pads: 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- Arpeggiator: No.
- Motorized Controls: No
- Octaves: Octave Up and Down buttons
- Bundled Software: Ableton Live Lite 9
- Power: USB and DC powered
- Connectivity: 1/4” jack socket, USB socket, DC power socket
- Control Hardware Directly: Yes
- Compatibility: Class Compliant. Mac OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, Windows 7,8, iOS
- Dimensions: 30.51" x 10.63" x 3.54"
- Weight 8.16 lbs
This controller was able to impress a lot of users with its solid and robust faders, knobs and keys. The keys provide enough pressure sensitivity and responsiveness to make it good for composing or performing. Many users mentioned that it works very well with Ableton and Novation applications. There were reports that there had been no issues with the controller integrating with many user's computer systems. Its compact and minimal design makes it easy for them to figure out controls effortlessly.
A minor issue some users mentioned were its pads had a lack of sensitivity, though they are still useful when it comes to triggering samples and tracks.
This is a great choice if you want a sturdy keyboard controller that's easy to use.
Since we originally recommended the Novation Launchkey 49 Mk2, more highly rated options have become available, which you'll find in our guide to The Best 49 Key MIDI Controller Keyboards.