Peavey Dark Matter 112 12" Powered PA Speaker (Discontinued)
The Dark Matter 112 appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers from April 2017 until December 2017 when it was removed due to being out-ranked by other speakers.
Peavey's Dark Matter 112, a 12" powered speaker has versatile tuning capabilities via built-in DSP technology.
The unit's digital brain lets you fine tune the resulting sound to match different rooms, by selecting preset EQ curves or by changing the bass and treble parameters yourself.
The 205W (Continuous) amplifier section drives a 12" woofer and 1.4" tweeter with a max SPL of 124dB, a combination that's meant for filling up small rooms and venues. Another interesting feature of this speaker is its proprietary Quadratic Throat Waveguide, which improves clarity of the higher frequencies. Other features include fan cooling and injection-molded plastic exterior.
Other than its obvious lack of output, the Peavey Dark Matter 112 is a good budget active speaker to consider for small venue performances and events.
- LF Driver: 12" Cone, 1.5" Voice Coil
- HF Driver: 1.4" Titanium Diaphragm Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 660W (410W LF, 250W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 205W (125W LF, 80W HF)
- Frequency Response: 68Hz-19kHz (+/- 6dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 124dB
- Crossover Frequency: 3.1kHz
- Enclosure: Plastic
- Mounting: Pole
- Inputs: 1 x XLR/TRS Combo
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Controls: Power Switch, Gain Knob, Mic/Line Button, ADSP Switch with LCD Screen, Grnd Lift Button
- Dimensions: 25.3" x 14.38" x 14"
- Weight: 35 lbs.