Peavey PV 118 18" 400W Passive Subwoofer
Peavey have built the PV 118 to be durable with a perforated steel grille and steel corners in addition to a carpet covered MDF enclosure.
The two 1/4" jacks are in parallel so you can run multiple subs together or send the signal through to your main PA speakers.
It can be pole mounted or stacked.
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz to 500 Hz (-10 dB)
- Crossover: Internal 150 Hz low pass crossover
- Sensitivity: 1W/1m: 95 dB
- Max SPL: 118 dB
- Power Rating: 400 Watts program - 800 Watts peak
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Drivers: 18" woofer and 3" voice coil
- Input Connectors: 2 x 1/4"
- Enclosure Material: MDF covered in black carpet
- Dimensions: 27.00" x 21.88" x 19.63"
- Weight: 73 lbs. (33.2 kg)
DJs, Musicians and Audio Engineers have all given the Peavey PV 118 positive reviews. Many of them praise the price performance they offer and many say the bass sound is solid and clear. A good number of users were also impressed with its durable build and straightforward aesthetics.
A few people said the internal crossovers blew out on them after only a few months use - but because these are passive it's difficult to tell if they had been driven too hard. Make sure you understand impedance matching with your amps so you don't over-drive them. Some also said they had problems with the carpet not being glued on properly.
This 18" passive subwoofer was on our recommended list until we undertook a major review of the category in November 2019 and found there were more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best PA Subwoofers.