Peterson VS-R StroboRack Virtual Strobe Tuner (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
The VS-R StroboRack appeared on our recommended list for Rackmount Tuners from March 2017 until it had to be removed due to a lack of availability in December 2019.
It was the highest rated rackmount tuner for the entire time we were recommending it, and no other rackmount tuner has achieved higher ratings up to the time of publication.
Peterson are well known for making high-end tuners of all types. This tuner is used not only by guitarists but has also found a home with guitar technicians who use it for performing set ups and adjusting intonation.
It's also used on stage by guitarists who appreciate the wide range of guitar-specific tuning modes it offers.
One of its many stand-out features is that it also has a specific mode for tuning 12 string guitars. Another is the ability to set up to 8 user presets which Peterson calls 'Sweetened' tunings.
In short - this is almost certainly the most feature packed guitar tuner of any kind while it was on the market.
If you can find one available, then this is absolutely the best rackmount tuner to get.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±0.1 cent
- Tuning Range: 16.35 Hz to 7302 Hz
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 390Hz to 490Hz
- Tuning Modes: Standard + 35 additional modes for specific tuning types. EG - DADGAD tuning with optimized fifths
- Display: Backlit LCD
- Connectors : Input - 1 x TS, Output - 1 x TS
- Power Supply: Mains A/C - 90V to 250V ( Auto Switching Supply )
- Dimensions: Standard 1U - 8" (203.2 mm) x 19" (482.6 mm) x 1.75" (44.5 mm)
- Weight: 8.2 lbs (3.7 kg)